Only ten short days and I’ll be headed back to Europe, specifically Spain – back to Calpe where my first European adventure began in December 2009. Oh, how my life has changed since then, let me count the ways:
1. I am returning as a single. The original adventure started out as a renewal of our marriage, a new beginning, a new chapter. It was also the last chapter of our marriage.
2. It is my choice, and my choice alone where I live. No obligations to work schedules or airport access.
3. It certainly won’t be as lush as the first time I moved to Europe. I’m on my own in more ways than one.
4. I’m going with Estée, the first time we moved over we brought Paxil.
5. I have friends there now. The first time I went I didn’t know a soul.
6. I am well aware of the ways of Spain and Europe. In December of 2009, I didn’t have a clue what I was up against.
7. I’m not bringing my vehicle from Canada. Expensive lesson learned the first time.
8. I know enough of the language to get by day to day. The first time I went with Mexican Holiday language skills for Spanish.
9. I know where to shop, where to get my hair cut, how to book a doctor appointment and so on, the learning curve is now only a blip.
10. My children are not in Europe, they are back in Canada vs. the first time I moved over. I specifically moved to Europe in 2009 because they were both in school in Holland. Will this make a difference? I don’t know.
11. One thing has remained the same – I’m so looking forward to this new adventure, this new chapter, this new beginning. But this time it’s going to be better. Way better.
Come on, hold my hand and join me. Let’s share this amazing journey called life. I encourage you to comment, share your thoughts and share my Slog with your friends; I don’t want this to be a one way conversation otherwise I would simply chat with Estée.
I’m just as interested in what’s happening in your life and back home. Feel free to post photos, meme’s or your words. Let’s make this our own private FaceBook. Just you and me and all my friends.